Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Time Between Meeting and Finally Leaving is Sometimes Called Falling in Love

All I see is beyond the cigarette smoke,
part your lips to the words you spoke.
I harbor in my heart a hard piece of hope
it hardly stays afloat --
but I'll sail this leaky boat,
cover the holes with the ends of my coat and washed up notes,
those silly poems I always wrote.
Take my hand and we'll elope,
we'll learn to cope, I mean it, I've got hope.
I know we'll float

Gently down the stream.
Does anybody know what these words mean?
I mean, you and I, both eighteen
somewhere between being peasants and being queen.
What a world I've dreamed, what a hope I've preened,
what a kiss that nobody's seen.

When we arrive half asleep and ready to weep
onto the shore we leap and lie in a heap.
Listen to the lingering sounds from the street.
What a nice place to meet,
but you're calling defeat,
you're ready to leave, to lose, to retreat.
You want to fix this leak, sail this antique

Back but wait! Stay on the shore
this isn't love if it isn't war --
I think there's more, let's go explore.
I don't know you better than I did before
but it's hard not to adore you, hard to ignore.
First we sailed and now we can soar.
What are you waiting for?

Take my hand and we'll elope,
we'll learn to cope, I mean it, I've got hope.
I know we'll float.

[lisa loeb - falling in love]
[eternity is in love with the productions of time]

No comments: