Thursday, April 9, 2009

When the World Turns Its Back On You

The best and worst advice I have ever received has, surprisingly, come from the same person.

Worst: "Walk in the direction of the wind."

Best: "Take a nap."

Seriously though. Take a nap. When things turn to shit, take a nap, and when you wake up your toilet will be unclogged.

other good advice from only the best movie ever: "Hakuna Matata."

When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world. [actually I don't know if this is such a good idea.] [I don't know how to turn my back to the world.]

And you? What kind of good/bad/out-of-nowhere-makes-no-sense-wtf advice have you received?


2 comments:

k.c. danger said...

Napping is the best advice that anyone could ever be given.

The most useful advice ever given to me was, I think, one of the best (read: kind of cynical but realistic) things I got out of a kind of shitty breakup. Never say never, and never say always. You can't make promises for the future.

e. c. said...

That is good advice. I think I wrote somewhere that I stopped making promises because it seems impossible to keep them.