Saturday, September 19, 2009

"My Blog Post": Tumblr Saturday with Cult Classic Brooke Levin

Text:
Hey-o, friends! It's your friendly neighborhood blogger, Emily. Today is a special day. Today I have my very first guest blogger (except only sort of because she doesn't write much)!


Brooke Levin is the money manager/maker at Autostraddle. She is the subject of many hashtags such as #brookelevin, #brooke11 and #brookelevinamazing. She will RT (retweet) anything with #swineflu. Brooke Levin is also a cult classic. When asked if she pronounces it "ay-men" or "ah-men" she said "I don't like to be bound by my 'a''s". Brooke Levin does not want to know if you are underage and she does not condone "inappropriateness". Since 98% of the Autostraddle interns and maybe just the team in general are inappropriate she is often telling us "that is inappropriate". Once I posted something "inappropriate" and two seconds later she reprimanded me because she is on top of her shit. Brooke Levin opened my eyes to subjectlining, which is the act of writing a whole email in the subject line and leaving the body empty. She tweets, she tumbles, and it's also quite possible that Brooke Levin is Lady Gaga.

Oh yeah, did I mention we love her?

Anyways, Brooke is doing the rest of this post, which includes all the types of posts you can make on tumblr. From now on I'll be having someone else do this every Saturday, that's why it's called Tumblr Saturday, you can see the first one here. If you're interested in doing a Tumblr Saturday with me then let me know.
[note: I did not make that graphic, the amazing Alex Vega did.]

Photo(s):
Quote:
"Small change can often be found under seat cushions." - Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love" by Robert Heinlein

Link:
http://thelittlecriminal.wordpress.com/

Chat:
Brooke:
hi dear

Riese:
WHAT DO YOU WANT
I EAT EYEBALLS
I AM MONSTER OF LAGOON
TINKERBELL IS MY MAIDEN


Audio:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Lose_Yourself/21838431

Brooke:
"ok eminem it is

for two reasons
1. It's a great pump up song
and 2. Emily used to rap to Eminem when she was 12."

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-7kAUkqpQ

6 comments:

Lex said...

I request a hug like in that cartoon from the both of you!

I just wanna say that EMILY HAS ONE OF THE BEST GUEST TUMBLRS EVER. I'm sorry continue...

#teamemilychoobrookelevin

riese said...

I LOVE EYEBALLS

laura said...

so inappropriate.

e. c. said...

X: request will be granted in October! I told Brooke she is the best guest blogger I've ever had.

Riese: I still laugh an abnormal amount when I read that. We should've gotten you eyeballs for your birthday.

Laura: THAT'S WHAT BROOKE SAID. Jk she actually didn't say anything about my amazing introduction.

Brooke Levin said...

I loved your introduction! I didn't think any words were needed.

Also, I hope everyone took the time to read The Little Criminal blog.

Thank you for having me!

kate said...

Thanks great site !!!