Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hui Jia - Return Home

Well, I'm back from Beijing and finally have access to my own blog. Being home is entirely weird and also entirely natural. Habits are hard to break.

Since I haven't done a music Monday in about 2 months, here are a bunch of songs I've been listening to while in China. I may or may not ever get around to writing a big post about my feelings, but I'll definitely post some pictures when I get them developed. In about 4 days I'm off to Cincinnati to visit Laura (who has been posting stuff for me) and then I need to go back to wooorrrkkk.

So, both Bon Iver and Death Cab for Cutie have recently released new albums and I love them both intensely.

Here are my favourites from each album (wow, so glad I can use youtube again!):

Bon Iver - Beth/Rest
Death Cab for Cutie - Stay Young, Go Dancing

Some other stuff:
The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - They All Laughed

Also I saw Fatboy Slim DJ at the Great Wall of China and it was pretty much one of the sickest parties I've ever been to.

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Yay welcome back, I want to hear about China!

toes said...

welcome back emily! :)

Juwina said...

welcome back emily!!

FROG'S new PAD said...

isn't it just...weird...to not be able to use internet or be connected!

e. c. said...

eee thanks guys! and frog, i was able to use the internet, it just censored some things. that was the weirdest part.